Monday 6 August 2012

Challenge Week 45: French Manicure

By the time you read this I'll be somewhere in Northamptonshire with 19 Brownies- and I'll probably be in the kitchen (basically my home for the week) but for once I've actually managed to organised myself enough this past weekend to get a 52 week challenge post up.

I spent my Saturday and Sunday running around like a crazy person, and I knew I'd never be able to sit still for long enough to paint my nails... plus my nails are really short right now that a french tip would look awful on them... so I volunteered my sister to do them on her own nails for me and thankfully she agreed :)

Amy (in true, lazy teenage style) didn't bother using a base coat- which I guess she doesn't really need as her nails are naturally very healthy looking (I hate her for it, I wish I knew her secret!)- and instead went straight in with the tip colour, which is a beautiful teal- no. 20 of my nail art pens- then just added a top coat at the end to give it a sheen, and seal the tips in.








She used the pen-nib end of the nail art pen, and the result is actually very neat (she didn't do any clean up at all on these either!) I love the colour too- and I think a 'funky french' is a lot more interesting than plain white tips; they'd be nice for those who want a little pop of colour without painting the whole nail :)




Isn't it cute! I'm rather jealous that my nails aren't long enough to pull this off yet, but I think I might try a coloured french tip look as soon as they are.

Once again I won't be able to post until Saturday at the earliest- I'm so sorry, especially as I've really enjoyed writing the past two posts (I wrote them on consecutive days, although this will be scheduled for Monday) but I really will be a lot less busy once I'm back so I'll see you soon!



                                                                                                              xGretalRabbitx


p.s. I made my belated birthday cake this evening and it's AWESOME! I'll share a recipe asap :)

4 comments:

  1. Your nails look lovely, and I adore the green tip :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I prefer the 'funky french' look- plain is a bit boring for me!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. Mmmm brownies....
    this mani is oh so cute!!! :D I love that blue! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes we did actually make some edible brownies last week :)

      Thank you (from me and Amy)! Me too- it's an awesome shade!

      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)