Sunday 27 May 2012

Review: Soltan Face Moisturising Suncare Cream.

Once again I was struck with the 'I don't know what to post on Sunday' problem, but as I've been sitting outside almost all day- I used a lot of suncream (I think I may have a teency but of tan!), and it reminded me that I really like my face sunscreen so I thought I post a quick review for you :)

I first bought this when I went travelling in 2009, and I've gotten through several tubes of it since then! I always get factor 50+ because I'm ghostly pale and burn very easily, but it also comes in factor 15 and 30- which is probably all most people would need for English weather (even when it is hot like this!)

It is kinda pricey (-though most sunscreen is!) at £8.99 for 50ml, but it's often on sale (currently 1/2 price) and I think it's really worth it- after all protecting your skin is very important! And I think it's a lot better to have a sunscreen that's specifically made for the face- regular ones will clog your pores and are too heavy for the more delicate skin on your face (I've tried doing this and my skin really doesn't like it!)


My bottle- old packaging!

The new packaging



This one is awesome because it feels just like a normal moisturiser (it does take a little longer to sink in, but only a couple of minutes) and doesn't look or feel at all greasy. It doesn't clog my pores and cause spots, and it works well underneath make up :)

It has a slight 'suncream' scent, but it doesn't last once you've applied it, and I quite like the smell- it reminds me of holidays!

On days when I know it's sunny and I'll be in the sun a lot I actually just use this in place of my normal moisturiser- and it moisturises nicely (even my dry skin)- and the bottle says it is suitable for oily skin too (my sister has used it with no problems) so I think it would work with any skin type!

I really cannot recommend this enough- keeping skin protected from the sun is really important (not just for those who burn easily) and this is a great product to use as it doesn't leave you feeling sticky and like you're actually covered in sunscreen!


Hope you're enjoying the sunny weather! (I definitely am, I love being warm!)



                                                                                                             xGretalRabbitx




p.s. I had a really bizarre dream last night- I was trying to write a blog post (not sure what about) but my computer kept crashing and my friend was rushing me because we had to get on a coach... is it just me that dreams about blogging??

2 comments:

  1. I just to use this years ago, it was just too thick for my skin :( I use Clinique City Block, it's not 100% perfect (tiny bit orange) but it's the best I've tried so far :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a shame, I'm kinda surprised though as it seems so light to me (maybe they've changed the formula?) I'm glad you have something that works for you though :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)