Saturday 19 May 2012

Nail of the Day: Mermaid Island :)

Today has been freezing cold and very grey outside- naturally I decided that the only sensible option was to shut myself inside with plenty of coffee and hot chocolate and  lots of warm layers and watch Up (I love that film!) whilst painting my nails!

I picked out some polishes with a slightly more tropical theme- anything to make me feel like it could really be May! I wanted to use (my new) Technic Siona Island, so to avoid using 4 coats I used a base coat of 17 Wave, then a single coat of Siona Island :)






I almost left it at that, it looks so pretty and simple on it's own- though I'm sure that most the lovely duo chrome effect is lost on camera :( In the end though, I gave in to the glitter:








I used one coat of Technic Mermaid on each finger, then added another over my ring finger for an extra-glittery-accent! I don't think my camera particularly enjoys photographing glitter- but this one is awesome, there lots of different sized particles, and they each shine in any colours from bright green to slightly purpley depending on how the light hits them!


17 Wave, Technic Siona Island and Technic Mermaid


What do you do on cold, miserable days?



                                                                                                                  xGretalRabbitx

2 comments:

  1. Oh so beautiful!! :D

    On crappy days I like to sit inside with a nice cup o' tea (or hot chocolate or coffee XD) and read a book, watch a movie, play video games or board games. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Sounds good- it's another crappy day here today so I think I'll be doing a lot more coffee drinking and tv watching!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)