Saturday 12 May 2012

(egg free) Chocolate Cake in a Mug!

Today my sister and I were once again stuck in that awkward position of craving immediate cake (watching the BGT final!) and not having any eggs! After a little searching I came across a couple of vegan cake-in-a-mug recipes, so I thought I'd give one a go!

As you'd expect the recipe is crazy simple- quite similar to my other cake in a mug recipe. The texture is pretty similar, though more fluffy rather than dense.




You will need:


4 tablespoons self raising flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil (I used sunflower)





1) Place the dry ingredients (flour, sugar and cocoa powder) into your mug and stir to remove any lumps.




2) Add the wet ingredients (oil and milk- you can easily make the recipe vegan by using soy milk) and stir thoroughly :)





3) Scrape any excess mixture to the bottom of the mug, and cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes (time will vary depending on your microwave power etc.) This one didn't rise much for me, but somehow managed to get fully cooked and light and fluffy :)





This cake would be extra yummy with extra ingredients like coffee powder (for a deeper flavour) or chocolate chips (extra chocolatelyness!)

It's super-yummy and very fast (fast enough to whip up in the BGT ad break!) I hope you'll enjoy it!



                                                                                                xGretalRabbitx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)