Thursday 3 May 2012

Currently Loving :) and Loathing :(

Currently Loving! :)


I think I'm finally starting to get a little more adventurous with my eye make up- I'm mean not hugely, but I've worn shades that are not neutrals at least 3 times this month! Though other than that, a lot of my other make up favourites will probably come as absolutely no surprise- but some are totally new to my favourites!





First up, hiding at the bottom are my Sleek PPQ (review coming soon- maybe even tomorrow!) and MUA Dusk til Dawn palettes. I've been using them a lot recently, the Dusk til Dawn has a couple of really lovely peachy/rose gold shades, and the PPQ palette has a lovely mushroomy taupe (Supernova) and a burgundy (Chris de Burgundy) shade that I've been enjoying as crease shades- see I'm departing from my neutrals a bit!

Next, in the teeny pot is my depotted e.l.f. blush in Flushed; the deep rosy pink has been my go-to shade recently, despite the teeny and slightly impractical pot (I've still not re-pressed it, and I keep meaning too...) I've actually got quite a few e.l.f. products in my favourites at the moment, I've favoured the e.l.f. Defining Eye Brush for applying my crease colour (I generally switch between that and the e.l.f. Blending Eye Brush), and my e.l.f. Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Blissfull Blush has been used a lot to line my lower lash line, for a softer look than my beloved (e.l.f. again) Cream Eyeliner provides.

Another eyeshadow (and another e.l.f. product) I've been using a lot, thanks to my busy busy few weeks is the Studio Cream Eyeshadow in Dawn- so easy to slap on in a hurry, and it always looks good, even alone! And last, but definitely NOT least, are my newest make up purchases; 17 Peep Show Mascara, and Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters in Cupcake and Strawberry Shortcake- they're so lovely to wear- a perfect balance of colour and moisturisation :)

A couple of other products worth a mention:
  • Olive oil- every time I use it as an eye make up remover, I wonder why it took me so long to use it!
  • Burts Bees hand cream- still LOVE the smell :)
  • The Body Shop Body Butter- it's been cold again, so my skin needs it!
  • Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser- still going strong, and I still really love it!
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Grip; really enjoying my new base coat, it's awesome that it dries fast :)

And some non-make up favourites:
  • I have 121 followers! Thank you everyone :)
  • Avenue Q!!! I saw it on Tuesday and I'm still singing the songs everywhere I go!
  • The Apprentice- awesome programme, last nights was a brilliant one :) (I love Nick Hewer)
  • Beauty Scoop- I've finally (after months) gotten around to reading it and there's lots of interesting information in it- I'll give you my review once I've finished :)
  • Bridget Jones Diary- I rewatched it a couple of days ago, it will never get old or unfunny!


And Currently Loathing :(


Being too busy to blog 'properly'- I miss it!

Cue more stereotypical British rants about the weather... It's now May; we should not be getting April showers, and it's rained so much that places are actually flooded today! It's also really cold, and I HATE being cold!

Stairs! I slipped down them on Sunday and my tailbone is still sore... Plus despite the horrible weather I'm having terrible hay fever- my body just isn't very happy at the moment.

Darren Bloody Criss. My sister cannot utter a single sentence without mentioning him and it's getting pathetic- I understand teenage crushes but she is ridiculous! (I asked my dad if I was ever this annoying ans he laughed and said definitely not!) On a similar note, Glee RUINED a lovely My Fair Lady song and a Phantom of the Opera song in this weeks episode and I was not pleased.

All of my favourite TV shows are about to finish- Community, House (which is finishing forever!) Greys Anatomy, Glee, Castle- why does everything always finish at the same time, I'm left with nothing to watch!!!


What have you been loving and loathing recently?


                                                                                                     xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. I started watchin house the other day, didnt know it was finishing forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, only about 2 episodes left! :( Very good series though, well worth watching all the past episodes :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. Aww, come on, that cover of the My Fair Lady song was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so, but it really did make me cringe (and their fake English accents were awful!)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)