Friday 20 April 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies!

I got this recipe from a friend (after she made them and brought them to a meeting we were both at) and I have no idea where she got it from, but it is a GREAT recipe! It's easy and the cookies are very very yummy :)

I made them on Tuesday evening, and I ate the last one this afternoon (I had a perfect afternoon coffee and cookie) and there were about 25 of them- maybe they're too yummy?! I already want to make more!


You will need:

115g butter
115g peanut butter (I used smooth, but crunchy is just as good!)
115g caster sugar
115g light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
85g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
115g rolled oats


1) Beat the butter and peanut butter together, then add the sugars (both caster and light brown) and beat again until smooth and well-mixed




2) Add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat again!




3) Add the rest of the dry ingredients (flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and oats) and stir together, until the mixture is thoroughly mixed- and feels like cookie dough!




4) Take small balls of dough and place them onto a greased or lined baking tray (I lined mine with greaseproof paper). I used a desert spoon to spoon it out of thebowl, then rolled it gently with wet hands (so it doesn't stick) to form balls.




5) Press the balls down a little with a wet (so it doesn't stick) fork- it makes a pretty pattern on top, and helps them to spread out better in the oven.




6) Bake at 180C (350F, Gas mark 4) for about 12 minutes- until they are golden on top :) Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes, then put them onto a cooing rack. (try not to eat them all when they're warm, they extra yummy then !)

I did a really silly thing, and added 1 whole teaspoon of both bicarbonate of soda and baking powder (instead of 1/2), so my cookies expanded and rose too much, then flopped and became rather flat... they still taste amazing though! But I'm sure yours will look prettier than these...





I particularly enjoy them dunked into a cup of warm milk, or with a thin coat of chocolate spread over one side (peanut butter and chocolate is an awesome combination) :)



What was the last thing you baked?



                                                                                                      xGretalRabbitx



p.s. This recipe has reminded me how much I love peanut butter, and I'm currently thinking up some kind of peanut butter cupcake recipe- watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ooh let me know how it goes- I'd love to know if you like them and the recipe goes ok :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)