Tuesday 3 April 2012

Currently Loving and Currently Loathing..

Well my first favourite for today is that this is my 300th post! It's kinda crazy to think I've written that many (I wonder what the word count is?) I spent a while earlier reading over some random posts of mine, and I'm really happy to report that I'm still very pleased and proud of the content- it's fun to look back :)

I have to say that I've been using quite a few things over and over again this month- so there aren't too many make up favourites (not new ones anyway!) but the few items I've chosen are true essentials, and they're pretty cheap too so I think everyone should pick them up!




OK so the two nail polishes (Models Own Juicy Jules and Maxfactor Fantasy Fire) are not exactly essentials... but they are both so pretty I cannot stop looking at them- definitely my top purchases of the past few weeks (and I've bought quite a silly amount of new polishes recently so that's saying quite a lot!)

The trio of eye shadows are brilliant everyday shades for me- and I think I have worn a combination of just these three for a couple of weeks now; Natural Collection Milk Chocolate is my absolute favourite crease colour (I spotted another, darker brown shadow in Boots today, I may have to pick it up) and either Natural Collection Barley or MUA Shade 1 work so well with it; some may consider it lazy or boring to reuse the same shades daily, but I love them!

Another great MUA product is their Love Hearts Lip Balm in Sugar Lips; it is quite moisturising and is great for when you want a little tint, I've managed to put quite a dent in it already!

My Garnier BB Cream was a little neglected in a lot of the winter months- my skin was too dry and irritated to deal with any face products (which was annoying, as I had a lot of redness!) but my skin is much happier now, and I'm loving my BB cream :) I like to apply it with my fingers, then give it a quick buff with my e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush- which is so soft and dense, it's a pleasure to use, and it really helps to make sure I have even coverage :)




I've also been enjoying much the same skincare items- with the exception of my eye make up remover; I am SO happy I switched to using olive oil, my eyelids are in the best condition they've been in for years! I have, however, had pretty dry hands for some reason, but my trusty Neutrogena hand cream has been working it's magic for them.


I also have quite a few other random little favourites:

  • Weddings! It was so much fun to see so much of my family (many of whom I've never met as they live in Scotland) all together!
  • Butterscotch lattes- SO good, luckily I had some cream left over from my first batch as I had to make up more butterscotch sauce earlier!

    It may not look particularly exciting, but it tastes amazing!
    

  • Easter is coming! I love creme egg season :) Plus my sister is on school holidays which has been fun so far.
  • The Hunger Games- I bought the books and I've been re-reading it in the past few days, it's so good to read for a second time as I keep picking up on bits I missed in the first read :)
  • I'm organising a (rather epic) swap with Pryanka, and I'm enjoying buying polishes for her as much as I've enjoyed thinking about all the lovely polishes I can actually get from the US- I cannot wait to post my parcel to her :)
  • Titanic- I was a little dubious about the TV series, but I really love it! (even though you kinda know how it ends...)

And I am currently loathing:

  • The weather! I wish it would just make up it's mind- either be sunny or horrible, please stop switching around!!!
  • I STILL haven't seen The Hunger Games (I'm planning to go tomorrow though :) )
  • My sister will not shut up about Glee- it's on a 'mid-season break' and it's coming back next week, she is way to obsessed and it's getting annoying!
  • I epilated for the first time in months last week- owchies! I'll build up my pain threshold again soon though *fingers crossed*

What are you loving and loathing at the moment?




                                                                                        xGretalRabbitx

6 comments:

  1. Nice post! I love to re-read my old post too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yeah it's fun- and I find it odd what I remember about random things like where I was and what I was up to when I wrote a post!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. Congrats for your 300th post !!
    I am using the Garnier BB cream at the moment and I am happy about it !
    Can't wait to go to London to get the Fantasy Fire polish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's great isn't it! Haha I hope you're not coming to the UK JUST to get Fantasy Fire? :p I don't think you'll be dissapointed in it though, it's stunning :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  3. PST does this remind you of something? http://plisherrific.blogspot.com/2012/03/purple-fire-kleancolor-chunky-purple.html

    also also....congrats on 300 posts! I'm jealous you get to use BB Cream lol. None of the BB creams here are dark enough for my skintone...and they provide NO coverage at all omg. I just want to smooth out the redness and reduce the harshness of the acne on my cheeks but nothing works except for full-on coverFX foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow it's like fatasy fire but with chunks of glittery duo chrome! Awesome :)

      Thanks! Aww that sucks, fingers crossed you can find one soon :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)