Thursday 5 January 2012

Review: Simple Kind To Eyes Soothing Eye Balm.

I've not been in a great mood today- my computer is being rather slow and keeps trying to make me install internet explorer 9 which I've installed before, and instantly detested so much I had to remove it... plus twitter wont work properly- it refuses to show the sidebar, my @replies and activity, as well as searches and pictures... I can barely tweet... (but it works fine on my dads laptop, so I KNOW it's just my computer being a pain) and I'm feeling sleepy- the kind of sleepy caffeine hasn't helped with- so I'm beginning to think I may have a cold coming. Because of all this I wasn't going to post today, I couldn't think of anything I wanted to write and I've vowed to myself never to write when I'm not in the mood- I hate the way it comes out and I don't want to publish any posts that I wouldn't want to read (if that makes any sense!) Anyway (there is a point to this story, honest) I decided the best course of action for me would be to get into my pjs, get ready for bed and snuggle up with some candles and watch a film- but as I was going through my night-time skincare routine I remembered that I've still not reviewed my new eye cream for you, and inspiration came to me- so here's my review:

I was on the hunt for a reasonably priced eye cream for quite a while before I discovered this one, and even after finding it, it took me several shopping trips (over a few weeks) to decide if it was something I really wanted- eyes are very sensitive areas, and mine are probably more sensitive than most as I'm prone to eczema and really irritated skin on my eyelids and around my eyes. I settled on the Simple eye balm because I know they always promote themselves as being fragrance free and full of lovely ingredients (and nothing harsh)- of course I take it all with a large pinch of salt, but it can't all be lies...

I picked it up for £3 at asda, but it's also available for £3 at Superdrug- (I think the rrp is £3.99) which is for 15ml tube. I wont show you the product itself, because (shockingly) it's just a whiteish cream. I always hate the they come in such small tubes- it makes the product seem so expensive, but I have to remember that you only need the teeniest bit to moisturise my whole eye area!




I only tend to use it at night because although it sinks into my skin quite fast I worry that it may cause my make up to smudge/crease/fade, and I don't think it's really necessary to use it in the morning too (also, I forget...) I use my middle finger to pat gently it into my skin (I have really weak ring fingers- and odd fingers in general, they naturally curl up a lot- so I don't use them, but I would recommend using your ring finger so you can be as gentle as possible on the delicate skin around your eyes) after using my regular moisturiser and allowing that to soak in.

This definitely does not irritate my eyes (thank goodness!) and I do find it to be rather soothing; that said, I don't know how it would fare if my eye area was particularly red or irritated or suffering from eczema (supposedly it's good for puffy eyes, but I've not had puffy eyes to test it on yet!) but day-to-day my skin does get very dry (damn the winter weather) and my eye area really benefits from that extra moisturisation. Since using it I've actually noticed a slight improvement in the texture of the skin under my eyes- it feels smoother and plumper (not that I have even the beginnings of wrinkles, I'm only 23!) it's nothing major- I doubt anyone else would ever notice- but I'm happy that I can feel evidence that it's doing something!


Turns out I was in the mood for a rather rambly review.... essentially: I really like it, it's very moisturising and soothing, and it sinks in quickly- I definitely recommend it! :)


Do you use an eye cream of any kind? What age did you start?



                                                                                                  xGretalRabbitx

2 comments:

  1. i started when i was 16! early make up caused me some early crease..:(
    well i use simple product. this one on my eyelid and the other one for my dark circle.
    i started using 2months ago and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I thought I was starting early! It's never too early to look after your skin though :)
      I think I need a cream for my dark circles too... they're terrible lately!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)