Friday 27 January 2012

A Mini Haul and Reviews (Mint Carmex, technic Carnival and Barbera Daly Lip Balm!)

Over the past week I've gotten my hands on a couple of little items that aren't really 'worth' their own review post, but I wanted to share my thoughts anyway :)

First of all I finally purchased a Mint Carmex tube from Superdrug (on special at £1.99, usually £2.54) I've been wanting one for a while; my love of Carmex is well-documented, and I also love mint- why wouldn't I want this?!






It turns out that this is fast becoming my favourite Carmex variety- I love the minty 'flavour' as it gives my lips a lovely tingly feeling when first applied, and it also has the same really moisturising formula as the Carmex pots. The fact that it is in a tube makes it easier (and more hygienic) to apply, although you do have to be careful if the product is warm as it can come out too fast. I really love this, and I'm annoyed at myself for not buying it sooner!


The next thing I have (which is the main reason I'm posting this today- I am super excited about it!) is a technic polish in Carnival. I found this little beauty on eBay for £2.99 and I couldn't resist. I've been lusting after OPI Rainbow Connection since that came out, so after seeing that this polish is a good dupe I went hunting! It's so pretty!!!! Unfortunately I didn't think it would go too well with my current polish (17 Revenge) so I made do with taking a tonne of pictures...




And finally, an unexpected package dropped through my postbox this week- a Luscious Lip Balm from Barbera Daly, as a 'thank you' for filling in a Tesco online survey (yay- I love unexpected free stuff!) I think this retails for £5.75, and to be honest I'm not sure it's worth that (there's only 4ml of product) but I do like it.




The packaging is a bit naff- especially the black plastic box that nearly cut my hand! But the lip balm itself is lovely. I have Cherish, which is a lovely deep red shade and it's nicely pigmented- just the right amount for a tinted lip balm (not too bright that application is hard, and not too sheer that it's not visible)




It has a nice scent that faintly reminds me of cherries and marzipan, and (for a tinted lip balm) it is quite moisturising. Like most tinted lip balms I probably wouldn't rely on this if I have chapped or dry lips, but I think it would be a nice product to use everyday to brighten up my lips :)


What have you been buying recently?



                                                                                                    xGretalRabbitx

6 comments:

  1. Ooo now I want marzipan, lol!! XD Great haul!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove that polish!! So pretty!

    (Also, I tagged you in a post on my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it awesome- I can't wait to wear it! :)
      Aww thank you, I may posst this one tonight :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  3. Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    xoxo,
    Ana V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) I'm glad you like it!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)