Wednesday 28 September 2011

Nail of the Day: A Greenish Medley.

I know I bought two lovely new polishes yesterday, and I am really excited about trying them both, but I've also wanted to put my new base coat to the test, and do some nail art again.

I decided that I'd use two other new polishes: Jade Stone and Top Turquoise (which I received earlier this month) and because I couldn't decide which design I wanted, I did 5 different ones!




I used my new base coat- Sally Hansen Double Duty (which so far I really like, my nail polish did feel a lot smoother when I applied it, but we'll see if it makes a difference to the longevity of my polish- which is really what I want it for) and two coats of Jade Stone.




On my thumb I attempted taping for the first time, and I have to say I found it a lot easier than I thought. I made sure my tape was very de-stickied and it worked quite well for me, I think I'll be doing it again sometime :)

My index finger was dotted with a large dotting tool- I tried to space the dots out evenly and it mostly worked. I did really tiny dots on my little finger too- using my smallest dotting tool.

I decided that nail art wasn't complete without some Konad- and I added the grid pattern from the m57 on my middle finger, followed by the flower from the same plate. Top Turquoise wasn't the best for stamping over Jade Stone- it didn't turn out too bright, but I think the colours go well together, and black stamping wouldn't work as well for this design.

I tried striping for the first time on my ring finger, and it turned out OK, I'm not particularly good at straight lines... But I will only get better with practise!






What are you favorite nail art techniques?


                                                                                            xGretalRabbitx

p.s. You can see my nail art tools, including my Konad plates in this post

4 comments:

  1. oooh gorgeous shades, I love MO nail polishes.
    My fav nail art techniques are Konad stamping, using a dotting tool x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I'm so glad I got them :)

    I think I'm the same, Konads let you do so much with little artistic talent :) I think I only have a problem with nail art brushes because I'm not very good at using them!!!

    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) I like it when indecisiveness actually turns out well!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)