Friday 24 June 2011

Nail of the Day: e.l.f. Desert Haze & Smokey Brown, and Collection 2000 Sparkle Top Coat

As expected, my mismatched nails from my e.l.f. Innocent/ Mod Mauve NOTD did not last long- the novelty wore off and my need for things to match (I definitely have OCD) kicked in and it all came off on Tuesday morning. I gave my nails a bit of a rest with lots of cuticle and nail balms for the last couple of days, and today I did another simple paint job :)


e.l.f. Desert Haze, Collection 2000 Sparkle Top Coat, e.l.f. Smokey Brown.


I was reminded of Desert Haze by a commenter, and I realised I haven't used it in a really long time! So I used Desert Haze on all but my ring finger, 2 coats may have been enough but- as usual- I wasn't being particularly careful (I was laughing hysterically at this 'getting ready' video from the lovely Tanya Burr/pixi2woo) so 3 coats were needed to correct my streaky painting... I used 2 coats of Smokey Brown on my ring fingers, followed by 1 coat of the Sparkle Top Coat (an absolute favorite of mine, I think a review is in order)









What's on your nails right now?

                                                                                      xGretalRabbitx

3 comments:

  1. a chipped beautiful blue with sparkles :) Doing them tomorrow before the BBQ party :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good comparison post too, I was wondering what the difference between the two were :)

    Mine are party purple atm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look quite similar on the website but Smoky Brown is a lot darker in real life :) Ooh I love Party Purple!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)